Mac GUI fixed?

Isn’t this gui lag an El Capitan issue? I’m sure I read that Pro Tools also had gui lag issues under El Capitan that went away with Sierra. I have not worked with really large sessions lately but Cubase feels really snappy on my 2015 Macbook Pro running Sierra.

When I was running Pro Tools on El Capitan since El Capitan came out, it didn’t have any lag. Cubase 8.5 did (and still does under Sierra), but no other apps I used/use.

I think they fix it in one of the updates pro tools that is. Pro tools 12 has no lag issues. Cubase 8-8.5/9 doesn’t lag at all with only midi data virtual instruments only, its smooth as butter. When I start adding audio tracks to the project it’s starts getting sluggish.

In stereo if you click show no waveform does your projects lag?

Sorry, this is not going to work. We have hundreds of systems not showing the issue, analysing these is completely useless, we need to check the systems showing problems.

@JTRake: You are probably referring to this?

I’m trying to like cubase but this lag is such a turn off. Way to hard to edit audio and move events like this.

I, too, am having major GUI lag in Cubase 9. The playhead will jump basically from bar to bar, versus going across the screen smoothly in previous versions. When scrolling up and down or left/right has an almost springy effect which doesn’t happen in Cubase 8.5.

I am also experiencing a noticeable delay when inserting notes and editing CC controllers via the mouse in the key editor while the editor is in the Lower Zone. Doing the same thing in a pop-up window has no delay like it always has.

As of now, Cubase 9 is unusable for me.

I’m running macOS 10.11 on a Mac Pro 5.1 12-core with 48GB ram.

I’m pretty sure this is not happening to me under Yosemite. Cubase 8.040 under yosemite doesnt exhibit this at all, nor does 8.5 or 9.01 so far…even with lots of audio regions etc. Under El Cap, and Sierra, however I have noticed it for sure

They need to fix this lag. No way I can work like this. Pro tools 12 was fix I feel cubase team can fix it.

Yes, and this Pro Tools GUI Lag Bug - Fixed In macOS Sierra | Pro Tools - The leading website for Pro Tools users . I personally don´t work with massive projects so I´m not affected I guess. Noticed that many who reported about this for Cubse was using El Capitan so I thought that there could be a connection to the Pro Tools issues.

Avid fix the lag in el captain forgot what version but they definitely fix it.