Mac installers for Cubase 11 previous updates?

Hi.

I’m trying to install C11 on a mac with High Sierra, which I saw mentioned as WORKING, but only the latest version 11.0.41 is available, and it crashes on open in my system. I want to try with earlier releases but the installers are not available.

Anybody willing to pass me the installers for the previous versions of C11? Like 11.0.20 or 11.0.30 so I can try those?

Thanks!
Gius

Hello Gius,

Please note that Cubase 11 is only compatible with the following macOS versions:

• macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
  • macOS 11 (Big Sur)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey)

Please consider updating to one of the above-mentioned macOS versions to avoid compatibility issues.

Best regards

Hi, thanks, but there’s plenty of posts of OS 10.13 working with C10 even if not listed, and with C11 too. I find so strange that previous versions of the software are not available…
tx

Hi,

This is known incompatibility in the VST Connect component. Remove it, if you want to use this unsupported macOS.

1 Like

Interesting thanks!
Can u tell me how to to remove it.
I can’t find the vst/vst3/component…
I am looking for infos but no luck yet
tx

1. Right click on the Cubase main app
  2. Show Package Contents, open that folder
  3. Click on components and trash the vstconnect.bundle
  4. Also, in the Contents folder again and open the VST3 folder and trash the VST Connect.vst3 .
2 Likes

Thanks a lot. It worked at least for opening. Now testing the app.
Cheers
G

1 Like

Workin fine here. Im on an old 2010 MacPro BTW.

interesting me too. with a metal card? which card and which OS pls? txxxx

1. No Metal card, Im not paying the extortion rates for a video card for it just to run Mojave. Besides that, my Steinberg MR816X is BRICKED at Mojave anyway. Im not gaining a thing here doing it.

2. Dont believe all the System Requirements crap. ONLY thing I see is in the Preferences some RED tabs on some things, that’s it.

10.13.6 High Sierra

Stock video card
ATI Radeon HD 5770

2010 MacPro

BTW, my other Mac is a 2013 iMac Pro which ONLY runs up to Catalina according to Apple. Im currently running Monterey 12.4 using OPEN CORE LEGACY PATCHER which is the current version AND Cubase 11.

1 Like

Steinberg is choosing to HIDE all the previous installs that people may need in the future to get you to , ya know just upgrade to C12. MOTU does this as well and it irritates the hell out of many.

You can’t find any earlier C11 versions on the downloads area nor in the Download Assistant app. the FTP link doesn’t work anymore either.

You will have to contact support or a mod to get a link to the earlier downloads.
Aint that nice

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the infos :+1: :+1:

1 Like