Here’s a little tip for Mac users. I’ve created a Quick Action in Automator to add my Dorico Template to the selected folder. That way, I can easily create a New folder and add the template file to start a new project.
- Launch Automator and create a new Quick Action (“Services” prior to Mojave)
- Set the workflow to receive folders in the Finder.
- Add “Set Value of Variable”, and name the variable “Path”.
- Add Get Specified Finder Items. Drag your Dorico file onto the list there, (or click Add…)
- Click on Options for this unit and select “Ignore this action’s input”. (This stops the folder itself being copied! Otherwise you get crazy duplicates.)
- Add “Copy Finder Items”. You’ll need to drag the Path variable from the bottom of the window onto the drop-down list.
- Save with a memorable name.
Now, you can add the Project to any folder with a right click. I’ve also made one that adds my front matter DTP template. You can obviously make as many as you like!