Mac Video Card for 2-monitors

I currently have a stock ATI Radeon HD 5770 in my Mac Pro, but have had issues getting two monitors working consistently together with it. I went with a single monitor with an HDMI adapter which looks great, but I really am missing the two separate work spaces with Cubase and want to go back. There seems to be a lot to choose from, but I’ve also read a lot about incompatibility and memory issues. I have two 21" VGA monitors that I would like to use. I don’t have an unlimited budget, but I want something that will work out of the box. Are any of you specifically using two monitors on a Mac and what card would you recommend as an upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

Mac is a 2x2.4 Quad-Core with 17 Gb Ram

Interesting, I currently use a 6800 series radeon and am running 3 monitors on it. Have you taken a look at the CCC and checked the settings. You should be able to push 3 displays with that card. I usually use the eyefinity for gaming. Otherwise when running cubase or normal desktop applications I keep the desktop extended across all 3 with the center being the primary.

Bah… just noticed that it was Mac… So no CCC. But you should be able to manage the displays in OSx directly.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=B%26section=4%26tasks=true

So long as 2 are plugged in it should detect them and give you all the options to configure them there. That card traditionally supports 3 displays, and eyefinity as well.

Why aren’t you posting in the Hardware section instead of the Cubase 7 section ???

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=209

Sorry for posting here-didn’t really think about it as this forum is where I get most of my info. More traffic and Mac users here too. Was hoping to get some quick comments. I re-posted in Hardware.

B- I did have 2 monitors working on the 5770 with Dvi to VGA adapters, but occasionally on restarts one monitor would not come on. It got to where it was a real hassle to mess with. I always assumed it was the vid card as both monitors work fine independently. I figure something more robust would solve this, but I have no idea what card to upgrade to that will be Mac compatible as well as give the best performance given the demands of Cubase and digital audio.