MachFive 3 64Bit Not Showing in Cubase - Mac

Maybe I’m missing something but MachFive3 is supposed to be a 64bit plug. Not showing up in Cubase unless I run it at 32bit.

Anyone else have this working?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mac OSX 10.7.1

No, it is still 32-bit only as VST Mac. On the other hand, there’s no reason why it should should not be available via the BitBridge. :confused:

i have just tried Mach five v 3 in Logic in 64 bit mode and Mach 5 AU is seen as both a 32 bit and 64 bit plugin ,so why does’t Cubase 6 VST work the same way?

No, it is still 32-bit only as VST Mac.

Umm…Vic? According to MOTUs website specs, this is supposed to be a 64 bit VST and AU for 10.6 and 10.7.
http://www.motu.com/products/software/machfive/specs.html

Even though the MOTU website isn’t very clear, as VST Mac, it is only 32-bit (but, as Standalone and as AU… i.e. for Logic… and also for VST PC, it is also 64-bit). (I do have MachFive 3 myself).

As usual MOTU carefully words things so suck in customers. I’m sure they’ll make a 64 bit version soon that works in Cubase. Probably the same time Waves gets around to updating their plugs.

Even though the MOTU website isn’t very clear, as VST Mac, it is only 32-bit (but, as Standalone and as AU… i.e. for Logic… and also for VST PC, it is also 64-bit). (I do have MachFive 3 myself).

So what you’re saying is that in spite of these blurbs from their site…
screenshot_01.jpg
screenshot_02.jpg
…they are full of crap? That’s pretty damn deceptive advertising.

Yep, currently the only way to use MachFive 3 with Cubase 6 Mac in 64-bit, is as Standalone, via the IAC bus.

Apparently so.

BTW (just tried it), for returning MachFive3’s audio into Cubase Mac 64-bit, I created a new Aggregate Device (my standard MOTU PCI-424/2408 + SoundFlower 2ch), set the output of MachFive3 to SoundFlower, and activated an audio track in Cubase, with SoundFlower as its input.

Shot MOTU a email on Sat. Should get their response by tomorrow.

I have just heard from Motu,the update is due in a month or so!

Good to know that. Proves they have misleading info on their site. I think we should bump this post to the top every few days and cost them some business for their ‘error’ in judgement.

Apologize for the O.T. moment, but I find the fact that DP is STILL not 64 bit to be very interesting.

glad you ended up posting this. I wrote tech support on the 15th and have had no response. This is why I never considered DP for composing when I recently gave up on Pro Tools (after 15 years) for midi work running VI’s and went to Cubase.

Well here we are nearly 2 months later and no update. The usual MOTU Bull****.

At last Mach 5 v 3.0.2 has finally been released , it is now 64bit compatible,it appears in 64 bit Cubase 6 and it seems to work OK.