Mackie Control - VST/i Parameter list and CCs default assign

Hi,

I just started using a BCF2000 in Mackie emulation mode with Cubase (and WinXP 32)

Everything works fine - but my question is -
When I go to the “Instrument” or “Insert” edit page - the BCF’s knobs are assigned to different “default” parameters (for example: knob1 - Mix (CC#54), knob 2 - Pan (CC#32), knob 3 - Release (CC#82) …and so on )

Now, I would like to change that predefined order so I have (for example) Cutoff on knob 1, res on knob 2, etc …
I am not looking for a way to MIDI “learn” or “Map” - I am looking for a way to change the “Parameter” order of the plugin …
(For example - NI massive is great because it lists the 8 Macro controllers as the first “parameters” and thus they are all mapped on the first “page” of the BCF knob controllers (in Mackie Mode)

This seems to be fairly easy with Mac/Logic, by editing the .plist files - see the vid starting from 7:45 - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro user guide - 8/16 - YouTube

Is there any way to do this in the VST ecosystem ?? (I couldnt find any relevant .plist files on my computer)

Thanks,
Yogev

I believe you need to use the BCF Editor to edit this in the BCF itself. Download the editor from the Behringer support page.

Doent the BCEditor just edit CC allocation “presets” ?
(The equivalent of having the BCF “learn” the ccs for specific knobs ?)

I am talking about the way that individual plugins (whether via the plugin itself or the cubase host) present their parameters (and relevant CCs, but thats secondary) to the “Mackie control surface” … And more precisly - the order in which the parameters are presented in the MACKIE Control mode …

Rtfm cubase “Remote Control Editor”

Guess i should have mentioned i am running Cubase 5(.51)

I am continuing to dig deeper into this subject - and it seems what i am looking for is something along the lines of the vstxml (and vstparam in the vst sdk )…

I downloaded the VST3.60 SDK - but will that do the trick for VST2 plugins as well ?
(Do I need the VST2.4 SDK for those ? And is it available somewhere? Its not on the dev download page …)

Anyone know if this is the right track for this and if there is any official documentation on this topic?)

Thanx