MacOs Finder tags not saving, must use save-as

Hello,

I use tagging on my Cubase projects on my Mac. I have a lot of tag categories for my Cubase Projects. If I use the “Save As…” option in Cubase I can attach any tag to my project, it’s work fine. If I work with allready tagged project, and use keyboard shortcut Crtl+S, Cubase save the project without the tag information…I need to use “Save As…” option and attach correct tag again to my project. Cubase should remember the tag information on every opened project, and save the correct information whatever I use…Ctrl+S or “Save As…”

best regards

Michal

Can anyone confirm that issue ??? It’s very frustrating problem…

All the best

Michal

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not sure, I really understand your issue. Could you please describe it in step by step manner?

Do I understand you right, the “Save” functions deletes the tags, you set while the very first “Save As”?

Exactly, this is a problem…

I have a lot of Cubase Projects groupped by a specified tag (btw. I also use the tags with other file types like Microsoft Word etc…). When I work with Cubase I often use a Ctrl+S combination to save the progress of the Project. Anfortunatelly this operation clears all of tag information in this file.

My system: MacPro (Late 2013),Catalina 10.15.7, Cubase 11 Pro (the latest update)

Best Regards

Michal

Any news with supporting tags on MacOs?

Cheers

Michal

Hi,

I can reproduce it. Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Unfortunately the new 11.0.20 version didn’t resolve this issue :frowning:

Cheers

Michal

Two Cubase upgrades has been released, and this very simple to resolve error, like described above, is still exist :=(.
Steinberg… wake up !!!

Cheers
Michal

Hi,

How do you it’s simple to resolve, please?

Hello,

It’s not an advanced feature, like other that Cubase has.
Do you expect from me a source code example to resolve this error ? If you share a Cubase code with me I can do that :slight_smile:
But seriously, I think that it’s a problem reading tag information when you opening the *.cpr file. You can read this information, save it to a variable, and pass it to a file when saving the * .cpr file. There are many examples how to manipulate with tags in many programing languages macos - How can I add OS X "tags" to files programmatically? - Stack Overflow.
Cubase does many very, very advanced operations, so saving tag informations, in comparison sounds very simply :-).

Cheers
Michal

1 Like

@msciwiarski as an fyi, this isn’t a bug, it’s a missing feature (to you), so you should make a feature request.

Not exactly… Cubase use tags… you can write tag information when you use a “Save As” option from File menu. But Cubase remove the tags from the file when you use the “Ctrl+S” shortcut. So in my opinion is rather a “oversight” instead of “new feature”.
Tags is a primary MacOS funcionality, and other apps I use (not Apple, f.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop etc.) works with the tags as I expect.

Cheers

Michal

Really??? another update and still no correct tag handling?

Agrrrhhh!!!

I’m starting to move my projects to Logic…

M.