MacOS Mojave compatibility

…I only ask because of the hardware change brought in by the so-called T2 chip, which apparently is involved in the audio subsystem.

Steve.

Oops, didn’t realize there was a newer Yamaha driver than the one I use.

You could try to downgrade the driver and see if that helps?
I have a mid 2015 iMac 27” 5k, but you also have a different soundcard than me (even if they use the same driver), so there are several potential reasons for why you get the coreMIDI error and I don’t.

Installed Mojave the other day. Artist 8.5 is screwed. Recent projects are fine but older projects load but little or no playback. Plus, cubase can’t find certain files to even load the project. WTF???

I just bought a new Mac Mini with Mojave installed and fully updated. I installed Cubase 9.5 Elements, fully updated. I then transferred my old projects (from my old PC) by just copying the project folders.

Everything seems to work properly.

It seems that Cubase 10.0.0 will not support Mojave either!

How could that be? That would be a huge deal for a lot of people!

How do you know this? As far as I understand, Steinberg haven’t yet given the results of testing 9.5 with Mojave, let alone made any comments about 10 working with Mojave - you know, the Cubase 10 that hasn’t even been released yet.

Steve.

This is a speculation. Our tests are not even finished! Please avoid such posts in the future. Thank you.

It’s a lot more than speculation.

Add to that the 9.5.41 is still not supported, and people claim problems with it on mojave and cubase. Steinberg have had two month with the official release and many months with beta access so either steinberg suck or apple suck.

You test your software? Past experiences would contradict this :joy:

How do you access this page? Is it a mock up? I can’t access this page when I go through the shop pages.

Steve.

It’s not linked in the shop pages - yet. It’s a preparation for the release. It will be linked when it’s released.
Until then you’re not supposed to access it.
Someone found the link in Google, by googling “Cubase 10”, and there it was.
(If you look at the adress url it’s the same adress as for the 9.5 page, except that 95 is exchanged for 10.)

It’s reasonable to assume that they first fulfil testing and have Cubase working as expected for that OS too before they list it as officially supported. After that, when it’s ready, one can expect that also Mojave will be listed as officially supported (sooner or later).

I think there’s some conclusion jumping here. How could a major piece of software launch without support for the current OS version? That’d be ridiculous.

I’m running 9.5 on Mojave right now and it works perfectly fine.

Most users only uses a fraction of the functionality. To do a proper testing the need use a code coverage tool and zillions of test cases. Are you using T2 enabled hardware?

Look, I also enjoy a bit of speculation and wondering about things before they happen - what will Cubase 10 be like, what will Father Christmas bring me, how are T2 chips going to interact with Cubase and other DAWS - but I don’t think it’s helpful to make baseless assertions when really it’s just excited speculation and chat. You said Cubase 10 would not be compatible with Mojave, and it’s clear to me you have no idea.

Steve.

The “speculation” about mojave was correct. The problem with the T2 is that it is a help processor that control the multimedia peripherals lika the audio path. If that causes interrupt latency or sync problems it will be hard to get the system to work good for low latency tasks like cubase.

I’m running Cubase 9.5 on Mojave on a 2018 Mac mini with the T2 chip and it seems to work fine. I’m not a pro, but I’m working on a 46 track mix using many of the stock instruments. I’m use 64 for buffer size. Soundcraft mixer as my audio interface. I’m not having any problems.

I’m downloading/installing Cubase 10 right now, I’ll report back.

Like a fool, I assumed enough time had passed and they’d had it figured out, so I allowed the computer to install Mojave to make the annoying pop up window go away once and for all. Was kind of surprised that it was pretty much DOA with no hope of working at all. I probably should’ve read more experience reports first, although I still figured that worse case it’d be a short wait.

10 comes out, and in a hopeless bid of pathetic desperation, I went ahead and got it anyway. Same results.

I’ve usually been good about updating only when a smooth transition could be assured, but didn’t take my own advice this time. If you happen to be unsure, and you’re not feeling dangerous, WAIT.

It’s the most responsive version yet on my system, running 10.14.1. Every version had bad GUI lag but they actually fixed it, it’s absolutely amazing over here on the Mac Pro 2013.