Macro help needed

Hi all!
I want to make a macro that expands loop range on both ends by 1 sec. I’m really struggling with this.
It would work as “locators to selection” (P) , but would automatically expand the start and end points by one second to avoid clicks and etc when doing loop automation.
Doable?

Bye / Tumppi

Just to be 100% clear, you mean the start and end points of the left and right locators… and not the start and end points of the target event?

Yep. So that Left locator would be 1 sec before target events start and Right locator 1 sec after events end…

OK.
I’d set up a macro like this in the past for a similar workflow. It was tricky. It might help you. Basically, select seconds on the ruler (grid type menu set to 1000ms), select the event and then run the following macro:

Transport - Locate Selection Start
Transport - Locators to Selection
Nudge - Loop Range Left
Nudge - Loop Range Left
Transport - Locate Next Event
Transport - Set Right Locator to Project Cursor Position
Nudge - Loop Range Right

Cool.
Will try later and then maybe modify as my grid is normally set to 1 frame and I don’t want to toggle that back and forth…

Unfortunately, that macro relies on the grid setting so might be difficult… I guess you might be able to include a grid setting toggle within the macro.

Anyway. Wish you luck with it. I have no other solutions here. Good luck!

Thanks anyway… I’ll check it tomorrow.

P.S. Just had a thought. You could nest the Exchange Time Format key command into that macro (one at the start, one at the end). And then put TC and seconds in your time formats on the transport.

Here’s a macro I just figured out, seems to work regardless of how the grid or time format are set. Needs two simple PLE presets to work:

b and e 1:
Filter: Property is set: event is selected
Action: Position: subtract 0:00:01.000 seconds

b and e 2:
Filter: Property is set: event is selected
Action: Position: add 0:00:02.000 seconds
(I’ll zip them and attach here too)

The Macro:

Project Logical Editor.zip (1.17 KB)

Excellent!
Thank you Steve!

This nails it. Thank you Steve! I bet many more than just me can find this very usefull!

Hi Tumppi,
Glad you have a solution.
I couldn’t resist trying what I suggested above, just to see if it works. If you enter Time Code as your primary time format and Seconds as your secondary time format in the Transport panel, the following single Macro also gets the job done:

Transport - Exchange Time Format
Transport - Locate Selection Start
Transport - Locators to Selection
Nudge - Loop Range Left
Nudge - Loop Range Left
Transport - Locate Next Event
Transport - Set Right Locator to Project Cursor Position
Nudge - Loop Range Right
Transport - Exchange Time Format

Thanks!