Macro is not completely executed

Hello, everyone,

I have built a macro (see picture), but this is not executed anymore after the command “Close gaps”.

Macro Issue.PNG
If I insert the macro steps after “Close gap” into a separate macro, both macros work perfectly in succession. If I put the two macros in an "upper"macro, so that both macros should be executed automatically one after the other, this unfortunately does NOT work.

Therefore the question, whether this is also the case with you (then it would be a bug) or whether the problem occurs only with me.

Best regards,
STK

That is something we all have experienced, some command not executing.
The workaround is to put something in front of that command, Greg Ondo uses the transport panel to pop up and disappear in his videos. It’s a timing issue that has been there for many many years, so don’t hold your breath, a fix is not on the horizon afaik.

Actually it’s more likely to be fixed soon than ever. They’re not just revamping the whole Cubase interface, they’re also reprogramming and modernizing everything underneath. Everything still using old Cubase SX era windows and graphics is probably going to be completely revamped sooner or later.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the workaround did not work either. The macro gets stuck.

I think I’m gonna give it up!

Wow, this is wonderful news!

Are you part of the Steinberg team that you learned this, or am I just simply out of the loop/not in the know (not surprising!). Any word of a release date …“more likely to be fixed soon than ever”?

Thanks for the encouraging words, Romatique Tp!

I haven’t tried your macro, but could be a focus issue, have you tried putting something in between Select None, Select under Cursor. Too busy to try it myself I am afraid .

…or splitting the macro into two separate macros. Check both run on their own and then combining the two macros (not just the listed commands)?

Yes, I tried some variants. Without success.

No matter what I tried, the macro will hang after the command “Close gaps”. The selection of the command “Navigate - Add left” remains highlighted. Neither “Select None” nor “Select under cursor” are executed after the command “Close gaps”.

Look at my first post.

“If I insert the macro steps after “Close gap” into a separate macro, both macros work perfectly in succession. If I put the two macros in an “upper” macro, so that both macros should be executed automatically one after the other, this unfortunately does NOT work.”

This is pure conjecture, but have you tried using a a PLE preset to chain them?

Make the last step of macro 1 the PLE preset, and have the preset do something inert, but have it run the second macro.

I didn’t quite understand the approach. How can you do this with a PLE preset?

The last stage of a PLE Preset can call a macro so in theory this could call the second half of your macro (having itself been called at the end of the first part of your macro).

It doesn’t work as far as I can see though.

The bit that trips it up is the “Close Gap” command once again. With that line in there the PLE Process won’t run (but without it it runs fine…not much help I’m afraid.) It looks like the “Close Gap” command has a macro stopper built in.