I’ve been looking a while for an app to use with an iPad/Android tablet. Finally I’ve ended up with two possible candidates that fits my needs pretty well.
• Touch Portal is really easy setting up and looks nice. It works and looks pretty much as the Elgato Streamdeck, where you can add macros or what you want in a grid layout and also add custom symbols/png’s as icons.
• In the end, though, I’m now using Unified Remote, which isn’t that sleek (no custom icons), but on the other hand much more customizable. To set it up you need to do some basic programming, which is pretty easy and also very well explained. There are also templates you can use and ‘just’ edit the contents.
I’m still working on it and the layout on the pic is just a work in progress.
• The top row now displays Write, Panels & Engrave, I’m not using them now, but it’s easy to add as many layouts as you wish and then you swipe between them.
• Blue row: Macros for different tuplets.
• Red row: shortcuts for articulation.
• Green row: grace notes and accidentals
• Yellow row: Group dynamics (filters from a selection and groups the selected dynamics), Filter tuplets.
As I said, this is a work in progress and I add things accordingly to my needs. The most used here are definitely the tuplets.