Macro knobs for remote controlling/easy automation of multiple VST FX/Instrument-parameters at once

Hi all!

There is one area where Cubase lacks alot. And that is MIDI Controlling / Assignable macro knobs - where you can connect one or more parameters from ANY VST FX or VST Instrument inside the project. In a way where you can control multiple paramaters from any VST plugin/instrument from ONE knob.

I’ve been a Cubase user since the VST5 era, for almost 20 years. I have always updated to the latest version until now. I am honestly considering not upgrading to 10. I have evaluated pretty much all major Windows DAWs. I don’t like Ableton but just got the full version of Bitwig and it’s a real “a-ha!” experience. I get that Cubase will never be, or even should ever be, something like Bitwig, BUT Steinberg should really implement some assignable macro knobs for project global midi controlling.

If you don’t know what I am talking about, check this: Bitwig Studio & Music Production Course - 4.10 - Mapping and Using Macro Knobs - YouTube

1 Like