Macro/Shortcut for renaming parts by track

Hello there,

currently when I copy or move a part to a different track, in order to rename the part properly, I double click on the title of the track, then hit shift+return.

Is there a more efficient way to do it?

Thanks!

Hi,

Your goal is, the Parts always get the track name, right? Enable: Preferences > Editing > Parts Get Track Names, please.

Brilliant! Thanks!

Is there a key command or menu item to apply track names to select parts after the fact?

Hi,

If you hit Ctrl/Cmd + Enter after renaming a track, all Parts of the track would get the track name. You cannot apply this for selected parts only.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks. I understood that from the original post. I have many many tracks that need this (big orchestral file). I have copied parts, pasted and adjusted them on existing tracks for other instruments (i.e. Cellos coped and pasted to low brass). My tracks are already properly named. Now that I am done composing, I want to rename all the parts to match their track names. Going through the rename procedure on 100+ tracks is not a great option. If there is no Key Command for this, is this something the Project Logical Editor can handle? If so how would you do it?

Thanks in advance for any help. I switched to Cubase from Logic and am still used to some of the Logic workflows - selecting parts and applying track name with a key command being one of them. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I was thinking about the Project Logical Editor way, but I can’t see any option here, sorry.

If you hit Ctrl/Cmd + Enter after renaming a track, all Parts of the track would get the track name. You cannot apply this for selected parts only.

Works, thanks!