Macro with special characters are not executed from the remote device

Hi,

After several hours of research, I think that I found the cause of a problem that I have to execute macros command from my Behringer x32 compact :

1. Create a macro with a name containing accents (ex : é, è, …etc)
  2. Assign the macro to a MIDI controller (in my case, my x32) in the MIDI remote tab
  3. Trigger the macro from the midi controller : the signal seems to be received because I see the feedback of GUI of Cubase but the macros is never executed
  4. Now, try to rename the macro without space, accent or special chars and retry the process. Now the macros is correctly triggered

Thanks

Hi,

Can you reproduce it, or not. In your other post, you wrote, you cannot reproduce it anymore.

Hi,

It’s not the same bug and not the same post…read this post again please, the answer is in it.

Hi,

Can you still reproduce it?

Hi,

I will retry later if you want, I can’t use my mix table before the next week at best.

Hello,

I can confirm that I reproduce the issue systematically.
Here, it works, the macros is triggered :

and now if I rename the macros that I use with multiples “é” or others accented characters, the macros doesn’t work.

I think there is also another minor bug. When I rename my macro in this window :

The update of the name is not detected here :

Thanks

Hi,

How did you assign the Macro to the MIDI Remote, please? Did you use JavaScript, or MIDI Remote Assistant?

With the midi remote assistant I think, I never used JavaScript with Cubase (but I’m interested if you have a link to the documentation for this because I’m developer).

Thanks

Hello,

Are you able to reproduce (and fix) the bug now with the latest information ?

Thanks