Macro's for plugin on inserts

Hey Steinberg,

It would be a really good workflow improvement if the Cubase users were able to create macro’s which allows us to have a plugin be inserted on the insert section of a channel automatically, instead of now having to open the mixer, or insert strip on the left, click and type in the plugin you’re looking for, with often making spelling mistakes etc.

Hopefully there are more people wanting this!

2 Likes

+1000

Like a macro for a specific channel? or how can you explain?

you can drag and drop plugins to a track from right zone/mediabay
you FR is to create macro and assign to key command to add specific plugin as an insert to a track ?
or when adding new track it adds plugins to it automatically ? (for this there are track presets)

Perhaps, access to track presets via PLE to use in commands/macros.

Like selecting a mixer channel either in the fullscreen mixer or on the left side at the insert section. Then by pressing 1 button Cubase will for instance load an EQ on the insert you selected. That way you don’t have to type it in or search for it in the right media zone. This will save a lot of time.

Dragging and dropping requires you to search for the plugin first and then drag it over to the other side of the screen, which in my case is a 34 inch wide screen. Not really what I prefer to do.

What I am after is selecting a mixer channel then by pressing 1 button Cubase will for instance load an EQ on the insert you selected. That way you don’t have to type it in or search for it in the right media zone. This will save a lot of time.

1 Like

If Steinberg would implement this it’d also be helpful for people wanting to use macropads or things like streamdeck to insert a plugin to a channel with 1 button.

2 Likes

Anyone found a way to achieve this ?
I really miss inserting effects with just one key command as I used to do in Ableton