Macro's possible for Snapping Event to next or previous Event ?

Dear All,

I am brain farting for creating 2 Macro’s but i really dunno if they are possible at all.

Macro 1: Snap selected Event (or Part) to previous Event (or Part).
This will snap (move) a selected Event (Part)'s LEFT SIDE to a previous Event (Part)'s RIGHT SIDE on same Track.
Other terminology: “Butting”

Macro 2: Snap selected Event (or Part) to next Event (or Part).
This will snap (move) a selected Event (Part)'s RIGHT SIDE to a next Event (Part)'s LEFT SIDE on same Track.
Other terminology: “Butting”

Any Cubase Macro Guru that maybe can tell if these Macro’s are possible to make ?
(sidenote: Maybe i overlooked in C10, but imho these 2 functions should be “natively” implemented in Cubase, would come in so handy). :smiley:

Warm Regards.
Rob.

Not sure about a macro but, there is an option in the “Snap Type” menu that allows what you ask for. Setting it to “Events” or one of the other available combination that include “Events” allow them to snap to the beginning or end of an adjacent event. You just need to drag it close to where you want it to go.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Hi Prock,
Thx for helping me.
I am aware of that Snap Type.
But i am not fond of mouse dragging, i try to eliminate that as much as possible in my workflows.
That’s why i asked for the macro’s:
faster workflow, especially if the distance of Events that i want to “butt” together is rather large.

Warm Regards.

Hi vanhaze3000
This should be fairly easy to achieve if you’re already familiar with creating Macros.
Search for each line and add it to achieve your desired outcome.

First, make sure the Snap toggle is on. You could add this into the macro [using Snap On/Off] but I wouldn’t as you may already have Snap turned on
Second, select the event you want to apply either Macro to.

Macro 1: Snap selected Event to previous Event.
Snap Type: Shuffle
Nudge - Left (When searching to add this to the macro, look under the Nudge folder)
Snap Type: Grid
The last line is meant to return your snap type to whatever you use most frequently, which in my case is Grid.

Macro 2: Snap selected Event to next Event.
Snap Type: Shuffle
Nudge - Right (When searching to add this to the macro, look under the Nudge folder)
Snap Type: Grid

I’ve tested both of these and they work.
Let me know how it goes.

Jeeez swv, incredible work, these 2 macro’s do exactly what i wished for, thank you so much !

Warm Regards.