Macros to trig multiples actions/shortcuts in same time

Hi,
I would like to trigger with only one custom button on my x32 compact using midi an action who stop recording a multitrack song of which I do not know the exact duration in advance and after stop, automatically go to the next song and start the multitrack recording for the next song.
I think that today, it’s probably possible to do that with multiple call of midi shortcut but not with only one button.
Note that it can be also interesting to be able to send midi command to my mixer in same time to say “recall the preset for the next song”.

Do you think it would be possible to add functionality to combine multiple shortcuts (like macros) or functionality to do at least what I’m describing ?

To explain my point of view, I need to do that because in live show, I’m the drummer but I also have to take care of the mixer at the same time. That’s why for me, it’s important to not have to do a lot of things between the songs.

Thanks.

We are considering something similar. It would make it possible to send MIDI events to the actions/shortcuts module, so you can program any action (or bunch of actions) to be applied when played back.

You can do that already, either by triggering a Layer (pgm chg, or see menu Layer/Layer Controller Map/Send), or printing into a MIDI track. For the latter, currently you would have to export that from Cubase, but we are also working on simple list editors for MIDI and DMX.

1 Like

For the latter, currently you would have to export that from Cubase, but we are also working on simple list editors for MIDI and DMX.

Will this show up in the midi gui so that one can grab and move specific events around and copy/paste?

Don’t know what you mean by “midi gui”, if you mean the pianoroll editor, then the answer is no. Also not possible to move events (inside blocks) in the tracks view. But you will be able to copy/paste/move events in said list editors (DMX as well).