made w/ Cubase7 :)

Just migrated over to Cubase 7, and just finished my first tune using C7, all I can say is WOW! thank you Steinberg you guys are legends! :smiley:

download, listen & enjoy!

For me this track starts at 2.20, prior to that Iā€™m just a bit worried Iā€™m listening to the same old loops Iā€™ve heard on countless other electronic piecesā€¦
Butā€¦after 2.20 the piece becomes quite excellent and more original sounding and I reckon itā€™s very good from there,
can you please tell me what the pad is that begins at 2.20ā€¦
I reckon you should lose the first 2.20 mins because some peeps might get bored before the really good bit startsā€¦though I do accept that this is club/dance stuff and would be perfect in such an environmentā€¦well done, Kevin

yeah, I do tend to drag out my introā€™s a bit, sorry its an old habbit. Yes I got that pad from Sylenth1, I just tweaked one of the pad presets in there to taste I think its preset ā€œangelic padā€ something like that from the first library.

thanks for the info mateā€¦appreciatedā€¦Kevin

Oh wow this is your first song with C7?! Let me first say that Trace is actually my favorite genre - and I have listened to plenty of tracks over the years. This piece is quality work - very close to professional. A few things I did notice though - during the more ā€œdownyā€ parts of the song there seemed to be a lack of bass - even a very slight low sine might help add some ambiance. Also during the main chorus it seemed the pads could have been brought up in the mix some more - to finish rounding it out. (and this might be a more personal thing but the main synth ā€œtingā€ sound I guess sounded like it could be ā€œrounded outā€ a bit more - although I am sure that is something that you canā€™t do in this particular situation but a tip you could maybe use in the future - like listen to this track for example: SoundCloud - Hear the worldā€™s sounds ) ā† also shows what I was talking about with the bass.
I actually donā€™t think the intro or outro are too long - they are very fitting for Trance and were done well. Overall a very great song - downloaded to listen to some more :smiley:

I do have a few questionsā€¦ like where on earth did you get those great drum samples! I would love to be able to make some more trance but my lack of any fitting samples normally hinders me. Also - I assume those arenā€™t your Vocals but from a VSTā€¦? Any answers would be great :slight_smile:

Hey Ethansight, thanks for the excellent feedback really appreciate it! yes those drum samples I collected from ā€œComputer Music Magazineā€ DVDā€™s you know the free samples they give you with the disc, I have like 200 x magazines & DVDā€™s from over the years that I have been collecting, I think from memory the folder was promo from Big Fish Audio drum samples, check on their site they have some great packs available. The vocals were not from VST, I used a snippet from an old vocal session and time stretched the crap out of it using C7ā€™s new time stretch feature, that time stretch feature in C7 is extremely powerful! the best I have seen yet anywhere.

Amazing track! Totally loved it!!! Love Trance! :smiley:

I also like this stuff. It sounds simple, but Iā€™ve never been able to pull it off. Good work :sunglasses:

I also immensely appreciate that this can be downloaded for free. Trust me, this will get airplay on my roadtripsā€¦at full volume, too :sunglasses: