Made With Dorico: Bruckner Symphony No.6, Arr. for Wind Band

Yet another of my SoundCloud tracks for your listening enjoyment (I hope). Here’s Anton Bruckner’s Symphony No. 6 in A Major, First Movement, arranged for Concert Band/Wind Ensemble, and done inside Dorico Pro 5.0.20. I’m trying to find an ensemble to play it, so if you know of anyone who might be interested, drop me a line. Here’s the SoundCloud link:

Please let me know what you think, and thank you for listening.

1 Like

Nice transcription!:slightly_smiling_face: What libraries did you use?

1 Like

well it’s certainly brave to try and do something like this to what in my humble opinion virtually ties (with “Asrael”) as the greatest symphony ever written. Unfortunately NotePerfomer on its own cannot do it justice but the fact I nevertheless managed to listen to the end at least says something for the interest in your arrangement.

1 Like

This one was done with NotePerformer 4.2.0. I haven’t redone it with the 4.2.1 upgrade yet.

just in case you’re unaware, 4.3 is the current NotePerfomer – and I understand 4.4 isn’t far off.

1 Like

Thank you for that information! Also, I appreciated your interest in my arrangement. Much obliged.

Wow! Fabulous transcription! I work and play with the Honolulu Wind Ensemble in Honolulu, Hawaii. I could, most likely, get a reading recorded for you and, possibly, a performance. You can reach me at minasian1@me.com

1 Like