Main differences between Cubase and Nuendo?

Oh the speculation!

My view:

Nuendo will subsume Cubase by V7 and there will be a new superduper highly fandangled ultra-uber version of a true post system based on some hardware (but not locked to) system or variety of systems not excluding CUDA/Open CL that will knock PT off its perch for good.

The differences become bigger and bigger in my opinion.

best example, batch export of multiple cycle markers in Nuendo, exporting 70 jingles, named and all in one click!!! time to get a cofee instead of repeating the same 5 or six keyboard clicks 70 times!
batch export safes lives! :slight_smile:

One of the biggest differences between the two is the ability of Nuendo being capable of networked project sharing. It seems that not many people here talk about this fantastic feature, as it comes into play only with multiple users having input on the same project.
If you are a “one man band” this means little.
I know some people that do sound design for gaming companies, and they use Nuendo specifically for this feature.
Besides all of the post production advantages of Nuendo, it makes it a superior choice.

“The “owner” of a project can share it with any number of users via LAN (Local Area Network) connections and/or WAN (Wide Area Network) connections via standard net- work protocols.
This allows several separate users to work on a project simultaneously and coordinate their efforts, as well as exchange ideas and suggestions.”

How come network projects are not available in Cubase? Nothing says it is useful for post-production only.

I would love this in Cubase!

Steinberg have been saying for years now that Nuendo and Cubase target different markets - music for Cubase and Post Pro for Nuendo.

This is quite funny for those of us who use both. The fact is quite a large percentage of Nuendo users - probably a majority - use it for music production. Impossible to be certain because of the large crossover of users who use it for tasks.

For me it’s useful to have the extra features of Nuendo, even though I do 90% music production, and at this point in history I much prefer the look of the GUI in Nuendo (but PLEASE lose the cross-hatching soon!!!) and as a professional studio, it helps me a little to tell clients we use Nuendo (which most haven’t heard of) rather than Cubase (which they have all heard of, and many remember with little fondness from years ago).

My 2p UK sterling (RIP Euro)

No need to contact local dealer. The trial version can be downloaded from your MySteinberg page (details below):

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_5_trial_version.html

What exactly is post production? Could you further define what that entails?

Thanks,

Isaiah

See: