Main window channel problem

I just have managed to upgrade and start Cubase 8. I love the new EQ

However maybe I am missing something…

on the main window - on the horizontal channel… IF you RIGHT click you go to Track Control Settings… you can choose different options to show up and also the length of the “grid” that contains the small icons…

the question is:
In Cubase 6 and 7 when you would want to narrow with the mouse the vertical strip the small icons used to be “magnetic” and constrain with the new width of the vertical strip… now they go under and they disappear … IF you know what I mean…
I want to see ALL icons at all time regardless of how narrow is the vertical strip…
any suggestions?
Thanks

“Customizing track controls” page 127 of your manual - search is your friend :wink:

Hello there

to be honest i never needed a manual for Cubase, but i listen to you and downloaded the Cubase 8 manual…
on page 127 there is just a description of the controls and NOT how can I make it “stick” with the INSPECTOR when i modify its size…

There is some Customizing Track Controls on page 131… but I saw NO sign of the “magnet” sticky" option so that the icons would not get behind the TRACKS Windows.

You can’t make them “stick” - this is just how it works now.

That is TOO BAD… I like to work with the main track window BIG… and have that vertical Control Strip smaller… IF I am in a hurry I have to ALWAYS modify the WIDTH of the Strip to get access to the icon knobs.
This sucks…
It should be just like in Cubase 6 and 7

I have a little video which is self explanatory.

Steinberg, please do something about this.

Download link

Many things in C8 should be just like in 6 or 7, but once Steinberg decides to make a change, there’s no going back.

Really annoying, hopefully something that will come back.

that is something really to be considered…
Why would they take out something that is actually good ?

Hello guys,

I have managed to talk so somebody in the support team and they told me they might put back the option.

we need support from all of you… If you think this option si good for you please live a message here…

ok, I have made a video so you can all see what I mean…

I personally need that feature back. What we have now it is frustrating and time consuming.