Make a track e.g., Marker non-scrolling

Excel has long had a very handy feature by which you could make certain rows non-scrolling, such that they are always visible, even when you scroll to higher-numbered rows. This would be extremely useful in Cubase, too. For example, I’d love to have a Marker track always visible, regardless of what track I’m working on. (I’d also like to have it in the Sample and MIDI editors, too, but that’s another topic.)

But I can see it useful for most any type of track, e.g., a vocal track, drum track, etc. - anything you might need as a reference for other tracks.

The workaround now is to manually drag the reference track further down the list of tracks, as needed, and then put it back where it’s supposed to be.

Doing this for the track divider could be interesting

Not only the marker but also time signature and tempo.

Now you can divide the project zone in two (using the divider) so you can have these three tracks up and the others down. However, it’s not the same as if they were pinned to the top like in Excel. Actually, you can scroll independently the two zones, so you can’t really adjust the space properly with this workaround. But it’s the only thing we have and I don’t have high hopes in getting something like what you’re asking for (I hope I’m wrong), because similar things have been asked thousands of times…

i had forgotten about the track divider; thanks, that sounds like a good workaround.

and yes, all other track types, too. e.g. a guitar part you need as reference to lay down another guitar part