Make automatic cycle 'on' a preference

Far, far too often, when I try and navigate in the timeline in either the project or key editor, cycle turns on automatically.

As I use retrospective record for midi a lot, what happens is that a) parts get stretched to the cycle length (really annoying, as I then have to manually trim them) and stacked even though i wasn’t planning to record in a loop.

I would love a preference that ONLY TURNS ON CYCLE WHEN I SELECT IT IN TRANSPORT OR AS A KEYCOMMAND, and NEVER WHILE NAVIGATING IN THE TIMELINE.

I spent for too much of my time trimming parts I never intended to be the length of the locator range, just because cycle happened to be on.
I need those minutes, nay hours back!:slight_smile:

+1 for this. Was there ever a solution?

After setting both locators to the very first barline auto-cycle “on” does not yet seem to happen. This may be the only solution.

No solution. This has been requested a lot since the feature was introduced a few years ago. It still pisses me off every day I use Cubase.

There are already a few threads for this. You may want to post in the thread below as well. In my opinion, it helps to support the threads that have gained some traction so that we can show Steinberg the requests that important to the largest cross section of their customer base. Otherwise we end up with a thread with 15 posts here and 10 there and so on.

I have also included my post from that thread below. It is how I deal with this issue until Steinberg gives us the option to turn off this feature.

I agree this feature is annoying but I have a work-a-round that may help some users. I have added a ruler track and placed it right below the default ruler. I use this to locate and zoom. This takes up very little real estate and helps me to avoid activating/de-activating the loop on the default ruler.

This is not meant to be a permanent solution, of course, but I hope it helps until a fix is provided.

Fyi for the many similar posts about this subject…

Solved in CB 10.5…
A preference option (in the “Transport” section) has been added to disable it.

Regards. :sunglasses:

+1