Make Chord without affecting the original midi notes.

Hello there,

just want to know if it’s possible to make chords from an existing midi track without affecting the original notes of the track.

As soon as i make chords from the track, the notes are automatically changing to the chords created.

I want to be able to change some chords by myself from the original track notes AFTER the make chord track is created.

Thank you

I want to know this as well.

Is it possible? I just started experimenting with the chord track.

Also, can I make a specific MIDI block to not be affected by the chord track even if the chord track is active on the specified channel?

“Also, can I make a specific MIDI block to not be affected by the chord track even if the chord track is active on the specified channel?”

If it’s what i guess you mean: try to make an empty chord with the pencil tool , so the chord will not be activated. It must be a X when you do it.

Copy your original track and set it to not follow the chord track?

It’s a good idea to duplicate the original one but the fact is that you have to work with two tracks at the same time and delete midi events from each. It’s not so bad but it can be very good if we have the option to let some parts of the track be affected or not by the chord track.

By the way, thank you for this solution, it was so easy and i didn’t guess it ! :slight_smile:

You could just make a MIDI track routed to your instrument track and leave the chord track routed to it as well. May or may not work, but it should.

Does anyone read the manual, or has it gone out of style? I sure don’t want people to think I’m not 'with it".

See page 553, Mapping to the Chord Track