make"Device Setup" close faster

Well its not an issue or FR but its since early days of cubase when u open Device setup window (under Devices Menu)
when closing it it always takes time. i think it should be closed faster as other windows, this 2013 days and cubase 7 and it should be fixed. its just slow workflow a little bit,
and u thinkā€¦ hooo yhea i should wait for it to close now. :unamused:

same problem here, also happens when closing preferences

Well just saw on friends studio, he was using Cubase 4 (i never used cubase 4) and when he closed the device setup window it was surprisingly fast.
now i wander if its a cubase 4 performing that or his computer !

EDIT: friends studio running windows OS ,vista or 7 didnt noticed.

Would it not make sense to create a sig so people can know what platform you are running?

I guess PC since thereā€™s no problem here?

Would it not make sense to create a sig so people can know what platform you are running?

makes sense indeed Edit:(.where can i create sig ? cant find it.) Found it :wink:

Win 7 64 bit C7 64/32
win xp 32 C7 C5
the same slow closing on both computers for device setup and preferences too.

shuts ok here on win7 64bit

wow Steven in your example its really fast.
with mine is something like 4-6 sec.

well i always thought its like that for everyone with device setup closing slow,but i see u guys are OK with it !
i wander what can cause this :unamused: it always been like this for me with my computers.
laptop with I7 cpu and PC desktop AMD dual-core

With C7, it takes 10 to 15 seconds here. Same for closing preferences, even withou making any changeā€¦ :imp:
C6.5 roughly 1 to 1,5 seconds.

how bizarre mine takes 2 seconds to shut , no more

With C7, it takes 10 to 15 seconds here. Same for closing preferences, even without making any changeā€¦
C6.5 roughly 1 to 1,5 seconds.

i didnt use C6. jumped from C5 to C7 .
in C5 its was about the same. even when not changing and click the cancel it takes the same time.

Well that proves Macs are 6 to 12 times faster than PCs. Glad we could put that debate to bed. :laughing:

here we go againā€¦ shala la la la la :mrgreen:

i like macs tooā€¦ McDonald's: Burgers, Fries & More. Quality Ingredients.

I experience this closure in about the same time as filterfreak.

Absolute rubbish , carry on living in your dream world !

I was kiddingā€¦

i know :wink:

:neutral_face:

some Mods can explain why this happens in different systems or even better ,is there a tweak possible to close ā€œdevice setupā€ and ā€œpreferencesā€ windows faster ?
it really bugs when in middle of work.

I had the same problem with Cubase7 only.
The preferences window was taking 15 sec to close.
It was suggested that trashing preferences would fix it.
Well I did trash preferences and it fixed that problem, however it created another problem, Cubase7 would crash on exit. I got the " cubase has stopped working" error on exit. After 1/2 a day of research I figured out that was related to automap, some minor cleanup of automap files, and all good again.

I hope not too off topic, but I only bring it up that if you are going to trash preferences to fix this, be sure to back up your files.

sorry to jump in off topic slightly . john one thing ive noticed about automap is it likes to be the last thing install so with every update itā€™s best to reinstall automap and that way it works perfectly every time , just a tip ! :wink: