Make folder tracks = Group tracks

Exactly. We think very much alike.

From a while ago:

And for groups:

One of the problems with group representation in the MixConsole is… track order. The folder=group thing solves this by cunningly (like an illusionist) packing tracks (to be channels) within a folder, i.e. right next to each other. Then, it’s easy in the mixer to do a slide-out of the channels included. :mage:t3:

With regular groups, it’s easy to have channels 1-4, 12, 18-20 and 32 to be sent, or output to a group. Well… how to elegantly “spill” them if they’re so far apart in the mixconsole? That’s the big question. Can you just re-order tracks dynamically? Surely that shouldn’t be too difficult, but then what happens with control surfaces? :wink: Right now, we’re supposed to use bursts of “Show Connected Channels/Undo Visibility” for beautiful and quick viewing of connected channels, I wish this could be expanded to any selection of channels.

And the same for group tracks in the project. Right now I don’t find them useful in the least (in the project window). I lock them (so I don’t accidentally change levels by mis-click) and hide them. I prefer to insert plug-ins from the MixConsole instead. But if I had more features like in the link above, I would prefer them visible.

1 Like