Make Keyboard in Key Ed Velocity Sensitive

Currently in the Key Editor if you click a note on the vertical keyboard it always plays the notes at the same volume (127 I think).

Change it so that note velocity varies depending on where it is clicked. Clicking on the left end of the key would produce a low velocity while the right end generates higher velocity. It would also be nice to have the ability to set the range for these velocities.

+1

+1

+1

+1

Is it still at 127 and no way to change it? Then: +1

In my opinion a nice solution would be to provide a global (0-127) setting for maximal velocity and another option (on/off) for “note velocity varies depending on where it is clicked”. Low velocity on the left and the adjusted max velocity on the right. Maybe the virtual keys should be a tiny bit longer if this option is active - but it is not essential.

It would be a useful improvement - In high dynamic projects it regularly blows my ears if I click the virtual keys :frowning:. I use the virtual keyboard pretty often in other DAWs, unfortunately it is often too loud for me in Cubase.

Since the suggestion is older, please let me know if there is an option for it meanwhile. :slight_smile: