Make older version projects look like Cubase Pro

Hello,
when I open a Cubase 5 project in Cubase Pro it has no track colors or icons for R/W Automation and launching the VSTi GUI etc.

How can I apply the Cubase Pro 8 look to 100 older version projects in one go?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by “the Cubase Pro 8 look” as I’d imagine everyone’s taste in how a project looks on screen would be different, but assuming you have a particular style in mind and know how to achieve this manually for your old projects, then the place to look is the Project Logical Editor in the Edit menu. Have a look at the example presets, especially “Colorize small MIDI parts”.

Thanks. Perhaps “Cubase Pro 8 look” is not the appropriate term. Let’s try, How do I apply the current visual scheme in Cubase Pro to multiple projects from older versions including Cubase VST 5, SX, Cubase 4 and so on simultaneously?

Unfortunately there’s no simple way to do this for multiple projects, as each project will be (presumably) different. You’ll have to figure out the details yourself, based on how your old projects currently look and how you want them to look, but the process would probably be to load an old project in C8, save it under a new name (to reserve the original), make any changes manually and take note of each step as you go, then figure out how to automate this process as much as possible.

That last bit will probably involve learning how to use the Project Logical Editor, and yes, the most efficient way to do that is to study the manual. Many of the configurable options in the GUI also allow you to define your own presets, so you could add the icons you want, save that as a preset and then just apply that to the other tracks.

Thanks. I was afraid of that.
Is there a batch convert option for .all to .cpr?

Again, unfortunately no, at least not that I’m aware of. It might be possible to use a 3rd-party macro utility to do this, but I’m not aware of any. One of the problems is that Steinberg have never published for file format of .all and .cpr files, otherwise the open source community could have come up with something.