Make range selection with keyboard?

Any way to avoid reaching for the mouse when making a range selection? Is there a key command I can program? Like in this video that uses Nuage:

2 Likes

It turns out that you don’t have to program anything. You just select the range tool (hit the “2” key on the PC keyboard), then use the left and right arrow keys to move the range cursor. After you relocated the selection (range cursor - or whatever you want to call it) you can enlarge it by holding down shift+alt and using the arrow keys).
range tool

1 Like

Thank you Alin, this works as you say. However, how do you get the range to show up in the first place? I have to click with my mouse. Also, if I am editing later in the timeline and press the range tool (2 on pc keyboard), the range is now behind me and I have to move it to where I am editing via keys like you show which, depending on how far I am in the timeline, could take a long time. Am I missing something?

Commands
Select Range Tool
Edit- Edit Info line - puts you on the Range Start field
-set value of Range Start
Tab to next field
-set value of range end

1 Like

Hi,

• Shift + Alt + Arrows Left/Right = move the Right Range border.
  • Alt + Arrows Left/Right = move the Left Range border.
  • Arrows Left/Right = move the whole Range.
1 Like

Hi,

After the first Cubase start, once you select the Range Tool, Cubase doesn’t know the Top Track and the Bottom Track. Even though it’s written 1 in both cases, you have to “confirm” it.

So the workaround is to go thru the Edit > Edit Info Line > use 4 tabs to jump over to the Top Track field, press enter. Done.

3 Likes

Thank you for these tips. Want to start using the mouse less and typing more.

1 Like