Making cd for universal use/ as comercials

Commercial discs are “pressed” via glass master - the price for equipment like this - is well beyond the means of any consumer. Burning a disc vs “pressing” a disc is miles apart in quality (and readability) of final product.

You might also consider moving up to a pro grade blank disc like Taiyo Yuden (Japan) . If your car cannot read a disc on Taiyo Yuden media - time to get another car or another player.

VP

Agree with SEH and Vocalpoint.

The issue is not Wavelab. It is the media you are using, your CD burner or other hardware issue.

Use only Taiyo Yuden blank media and verify the results to make sure there are not too many errors on the recorded disc, using something like Plextools Professional Q Check. Try using a Plextor or similar high quality CD burner.

You said you used no CD Text? You have to use CD Text if you want to read the titles in the car. Use the “T” button at the top of the CD tab and fill in all the titles in the CD Text area. The titles should then show in the CD Text column on the CD tab. Then burn your CD again. If you can read commercial CD titles in the car player, you should be good with what you burn after this.

Today I discovered that in my case, the hardware is probably causing the problem.
I moved the music project via an external hard drive onto my Macbook Pro.
Same procedure in Wavelab 8.03 resulted in CDs that worked well in the car.
On the one copy I drove also error correction which found some errors that it could correct, in addition to the dc- offset correction that did not find errors.
Both cd’s, with and without the digital click-error, worked in the car.
Now I have achieved a more all-round use CD.
I’m considering getting an external burner to be independent of the initial hardware issue.
Thanks all for the many good and informative answers.

Did you use plugins in realtime when burning the CD?
If so, render a disc image first, then burn.

Thanks for the tip.
No need for plugin’s this time, but i did render an disk image first. :wink: