Managing files.

Awhile ago I worked on a project I named “rider”. Since then every time I save a new project it creates a new “rider” folder. ie rider 1 rider 2 rider 3 etc…
How can I stop this?
I hope this makes sense. I’m not very computer savvy. Thanks

Jeff: Watch this older youtube video a few times about getting started
with a Cubase project. Note – This is Cubase 4 but should work. :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

PS: I use Cubase 7 but I still start projects
almost exactly as the video shows :wink:

Thanks Halljack. That was somewhat helpful. I guess I need to make subfolders when I save a project, or else Cubase will do it for me. I still don’t understand how it is using the foldername “rider”. I completely deleted all files the other day and saved them to an external drive. I wanted to start fresh with new projects organized better in the library.
So when it came time to save the first new project-“rider” still pops up as a folder name-with an “audio” subfolder.
Why? :blush:

When you create a new project, are you specifying the location or are you using a default location?

Is it possible this “rider” file path is saved in Cubase as your default project location and you are selecting default upon creation of a new project?

Hey Scab, I’ll try to explain this the best I can thanks for your patience.
I start a new project. Then when I close it for the first time I have to save it like “save as”.
Then the window comes up with the pathway documents/Cubebase AI 6 projects.
I save it under Cubase AI6 projects. Is that good?
I never save it under “rider” but still it creates a “rider” folder everytime. The rider folder opens up to contain “audio”. But it’s empty.(unless you open it with any/all files)
I give the project a name ie…“rocker”. It saves as “rocker” usually but this rider file will also be created.
It’s annoying because i erased everything yesterday to get rid of this rider pathway. But it still pops up.
i know that was an awful explanation Scab. :blush:

Jeff: When I first started with Cubase Le4
this is how I started a Project.

1. Start Cubase

2. click “File”

3. New Project
    4… Check – “Prompt for Project Location” – Don’t use “Use Default Location”
    5… Click empty
    6… Click Continue
    7… click “DESKTOP” so you can see your project file easily

4. Click “New Folder” Name your Project — I use the song"s name – Multitrack – DATE

5. hit your “ENTER” key

6. Click “New Folder” again

7. Name your project again

8. hit your Enter key one more time

9. Click OK

10. Now go to File again “TOP LEFT”

11. Save as

12. Name your project again

13. Click Save

14. close the project

15. now open it back up

16. file

17. recent projects

18. your project should be # 1 on the list

19. click on it :wink: :wink:

Jeff I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ps: As Scab was saying using “the default location” may have been your problem :wink:
Also do a bunch of “TEST PROJECTS” so you got this down. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Scab and Halljack thanks. Very helpful. I forgot about default project location. Those project set-ups steps are very helpful. :slight_smile:

Jeff: Glad to have helped. :smiley:
Keep reading the Cubase Manual,
watching Cubase videos - and checking on this forum.
Cubase will get easier and easier
for ya as time goes on. :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley: