Old fashioned question here, and it may have a simple answer, but I can’t find it. I am trying to set up mandolin tablature alongside the normal treble staff but I can’t get it to work.
- I play in and quantise fairly simple melody
- I open the selection on score selection
- I open the score settings dialogue and under staff open ‘tablature’
- I have set up a four string preset - G3 D3 A2 E2 - all at the right pitch
- I click on tablature and the whole thing turns to tab, not as in the manual, two staves, one in the treble clef and one in Tab; rather it simply creates one single Tab track.
Okay, so that’s not such a big problem. I can alt/shift and drag to create a new track and when I open them both together I can make the bottom one a Tab track, one that follows any changes to the upper treble clef track.
However, the fret numbers that appear on the Tab track don’t match the actual frets needed on a mandolin fretboard. How can I make this work so that any changes I make in the upper treble clef result in the correct fret position numbers appearing in the lower Tab track/clef?
It is possible, when the upper clef is finalised and looks good in the score, simply to make a separate copy of it on a new track, one that doesn’t follow changes in the original treble clef track. Then I can change that to a Tab track and adjust the fret numbers manually - but what an enormous amount of work! So that doesn’t seem to be the solution.
Sorry about the ‘wordyness’ of this post. I would very much appreciate some help with this.