Manual audio warp on multiple tracks?

Hi on the cubase 8 like I said on title , is it possible ??

I asked three times, no one answer. It looks like the answer is “no”. The most needful thing for live music is not important for most midi producers.

Although I couldn’t care less about using Cubase as a Abeleton wanna be (I actually hope they don’t waste time going down that path), multi-track and manual warp on the project page IS needed by many, many people for lots of things. So, the FR remains an FR, but sadly not a feature yet.

We need individual track warping that actually works properly first… Elastic audio timing is still all over the place.

I really hope manual warp on the project page is top priority on the developer’s feature list for 8.5. IMHO this is the one missing feature where Cubase is way behind the competition, especially since Reaper has it. Not sure I’m willing to wait another 2 years for this.

Hi Grim,

no it isn’t! This particular issue has been addressed in Cubase 8 and it works very well now. If you still have problems with this feature, please post it in the Issue Reports Forum (so that we don’t derail this thread).

Regards

I remember reading you needed to get some work done by Z-Plane first and then you could make some changes your end, in order to properly correct the previous bad behaviour. Report here:-
R-6259 - Steinberg Forums

And:-
R-12649 - Steinberg Forums

Are these what you are saying are now working very well…? I will love to check this over the weekend…!

Also, is the Elastique 3 algorithm being used now…?

Thanks for the news Luis Dongo…!

Cheers,
Bob

See also this:

I hope I made a mistake, I did only try one test but my two waveforms were clearly not aligned.
Will try again when I get a minute and post screenshots in the issues forum if it’s still coming out wrong.

I hope I made a mistake, I did only try one test but my two waveforms were clearly not aligned.
Will try again when I get a minute and post screenshots in the issues forum if it’s still coming out wrong.

I can confirm that this wasnt resolved(at least not on my systems- some of the bounced audio-transients are still placed earlier then the original warped one ). I made sure that this iwasnt an isolated case by trying multiple different audio material and all Elastique alghoritms.

I already posted an issue report(waiting for approvement).

This is a serious issue that really needs to be resolved ASAP

J

I already posted an issue report(waiting for approvement).

In the Cubase 8 issues forum? I don’t see any reports of this in there yet.

Moderators have to approve the report first (This is new since v8 forums) so hopefully it will get posted.

J

this is incorrect. i will try to make an easy step by step showing the bug. something has been fixed but not all the warping related issues.

(edit: just posted a reproduction of the bug to the issues section, pending approval. meantime you can view a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmCtljDFR7k&feature=youtu.be )

Sorry i have a bad english can you say me simply please ? can do this in cubase 8 on the arrange window on edit group track ??

thank’s !!

Does this graphical error happen when bouncing out and re-importing warped audio as well? Or is it just when you bounce in place?

Does this graphical error happen when bouncing out and re-importing warped audio as well? Or is it just when you bounce in place?

The rendered graphic always shows exactly what you hear.

Not really sure why it’s being referred to as a graphic issue at all. You warp a transient to a specific point and the algo puts the transient somewhere different. That’s a timing problem with the warp algorithm as far as I can see.

This is contrary to what the previous user showed in his video. The audio between the original and bounced in place tracks nulled, so there was no problem with the audio, but the waveform graphic on the bounced in place track was clearly out.

but the waveform graphic on the bounced in place track was clearly out.

Maybe this is arguing semantics, but the graphic on the bounced track is the one that is correct.
The original warped track is the one that is out.

Yes the files null, the bounce is sample accurate.

What I am saying, (and I don’t see as contrary to what the video shows) is that when you warp the file it is already not playing as it might appear (or indeed as you have set it to by moving warp markers to the grid)

I see. So, if you want the graphics and the audio to match on warped audio in your project, you need to bounce?

Well yes…but the point is that I want the audio and graphic to match what the warped track shows and this is currently impossible to achieve.