Manual saving only works sporadically

My Cubase Pro 12 generally has the problem that manual saving does not always work. I also use auto-save, but it’s annoying because it happens every time in the middle of mixing when I’m doing A/B comparisons, for example, and saving always takes a short time and stops everything.
Since Cubase crashes every now and then, I always save via CMD+S in between. But when Cubase then crashes, I always find that my manual saves have not been saved at all. Then I always have to fall back on the auto-save backups, which are then 15 minutes in the past and everything I’ve done in those 15 minutes has disappeared. Why doesn’t Cubase save properly?

Hi,

Could you attach tje *.ips crash file(s), please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

sorry, I only saw the reply by chance now because I don’t get a notification from this forum when someone replies. Here is my file.

Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2023.11.1 20.15.37.712.dmp (1.8 MB)

Hi,

This crash is in the Rev_PLATE_140 plug-in. Please, make sure, the plug-in is up to date. If it is, get in touch with the plug-in vendor.

Thanks for the fast reply. But is this Plugin my problem described above?

Hi,

Yes, this plug-in crashed and took Cubase as the host with.

I’ll keep an eye on it. But I don’t always use the plugin, and my problem described above, that Cubase doesn’t consistently apply manual saves, is certainly not related to this. Thanks anyway!