manually alter the vendor of a VST plugin?

Is it possible to manually alter the vendor name of a VST 2 or 3 plugin ?

I’d love to consolidate plug ins into one vendor name, as sometimes they are listed under multiple versions of the same name… slows me down!!! :imp: :slight_smile:

No

Ok thanks.

That is a shame.

We seriously need more plug in organising capability in Cubase. I’m sure this has been asked for in many places on the forum…

Win7 here…

Don’t know if it applies to osx:

You might try to edit the cubase vst plugins.xml which cubase generates upon scanning.
Changes are lost after rescanning, though

ok cool ill take a look at that thanks

I totally agree!

For windows and vst2, there’s my VST2 Plugin Manager

That looks great and would be great on Mac, but really I feel this should be integrated within Cubase itself.

Of course.

I prefer a solution cross-DAW-wide, to organize once and have it organised in every DAW.

Actually thats true. Any plans on a OSx version of your app? ! :slight_smile:

No

Owch :frowning:

FYI Site Admin Marcus literally writes: “We are currently investigating how to integrate a VST Plug-In manager/editor in Cubase.”
In this thread

Awesome thanks!

you can easily do it for your vst2 plugs but not vst3

ah ok cool

how do you do for VST 2 plug ins?

I guess he meant moving the plugin .dll’s (.vst2 on OSX?) into a custom folder structure, setting the root folder as plugin folder in cubase and don’t sort plugins by vendor in cubase (in which case the custom folder structure is reflected in cubases plugin menus)

It’s not really “altering the vendor” of a plugin, but another way to sort plugs.

I do NOT recommend moving plugin .dlls (.vst2) files around, as this might lead to plugins not working anymore (as they for example rely on data which gets installed into the install folder along with plugin installation)…

ah yeah I used to do that and yes had problems with plug ins stopping working

ok thanks anyway

I’ve moved the majority of my VST2 plugins into custom folders and never had a problem with any of them not working… worst comes to worst, just re-install a problem plugin into the custom folder and you’re done.

no need for reinstallations, moving dlls and data folders, keep track of x32 and x64 and x32/x64 plugins and jBridge and automap and what not… I simply use my PluginManager :wink: