Many Bugs

1. The cycle button doesn’t work. You engage it and it doesn’t cycle between your selected area.

2. The cycle L/R markers don’t work properly. In some cases, you cannot even move the left marker to the beginning of the song. It will only move left to about bar 4 and that’s it. But hey, doesn’t matter…(see #1 above).

3. Changing a setlist order doesn’t work. You are supposed to be able to save set lists and recall them. Creating a new setlist works, but picking and ordering the songs you want in the setlist doesn’t work.

4. You can’t change the order of your tracks in the Track View (video, midi, audio, etc) once you add them you’re stuck with that view/order unless you delete and start over.

5. Metronome count in doesn’t work (it’s supposed to give you a count in before the track is engaged.)

6. Adding lyrics on the Lyric track is totally non-intuitive, cumbersome and a headache. I mean seriously, it’s a horrible design. No way to import lyrics to the lyric track?

7. The song keeps running even after it ends. You have to manually stop it.

8. You can’t tell each song to either stop at the end or continue on to the next track.

9. Creating and editing a chord track is on par with lyrics track. Totally cumbersome and doesn’t show the whole song from the beginning.

10. The accompanied app that you are supposed to push chords, lyrics and metronome to for each bandmate is unusable. The lyrics get out of sync and the visual metronome is totally out of sync from the get go. Nothing works with this app properly

6 Likes

Thank you for your reporting. Let’s see

1. I can not reproduce it. Here are my steps
  • Start VL, Create a New Project
  • Select TRACKS Module
  • Cycle is already configured to 5.1 - 9.1
  • Enable Cycle in Transport
  • Start Transport
  • Cycle works
  • What am I missing?
  1. I can not reproduce it. More details, please.
  2. Yes, that one is missing It is already on our list
  3. Yes, it’s a bug. We’ll fix that soon
  4. It works when you start recording. No?
  5. What kind of lyrics do you want to import. Which type?
  6. It’s already requested and it’s on our list
  7. It’s already requested and it’s on our list
  8. You need a scrollbar, I see.
  9. Currently it only works with tempo 120. sorry. We’ll hurry in fixing it.

See you
Michael

1 Like

The Position of the cycle-Markers will not be saved. I set them manualy and then VST Live is cycling between the Markers as expected. I save the file. Load an other file and then load my previous file where I set the cycle-markers and there are not at the saved positions.

When I set the cycle markes and then save the project file and create a new project file - the markers in the new project File are at the same position as in the previous opend Project file.
It looks like the position of the cycle markers is set on file creation but cannot be saved.

You are right, sorry. Each Song has its own cycle markers and on/off state, but are not restored correctly yet when loading a project. Fixed next version scheduled very soon.

2 Likes

#1 - After update, my cycle markers now are working. Not sure why you couldn’t duplicate it on previous version.
#2 - The cycle marker got glitched and the white handles were on the OUTSIDE of the cycle instead of the inside, preventing me from bringing the marker all the way to the left. I had to delete the entire song and start over to get it to work properly.
#5 - Yes, count in works on recording. Just thought it was logical that you might want to have a count in on performance without recording.
#6 - Would be useful to either copy in lyrics and then arrange them to the desired timing. Or import a text file with the supplied lyrics. Also, it would be nice to be able to click and drag and resize start and end for the lyrics in the TRACK VIEW and the LYRICS VIEW.

#6 paste from clipboard will be implemented next version.

2 Likes

@6.: How about the ability to import ChordPro style lyrics/chords?

And, while on the subject of importing; PDF (for sheetmusic and such). At the moment I am using a combi of Gigperformer and Bandhelper for life gigs. This works great. As a user of several other Steinberg products (Nuendo, Wavelab, Dorico) I would love to be able to use one program that could do it all. VST live was my hope for this. I can understand that VL isn’t aiming to be a competitor to Cubase and the likes but ertainly borrowing some basic Midi functions from Cubase wouldn’t be so bad.

3 Likes
  1. The VL hangs when trying to go in full screen mode
  2. I set up a setlist containing 10 songs. I can change the first’s song order only. All rest of songs don’t move.
    I am afraid that even if I invested so much time and energy to create my Setlist, I am switching back to Ableton live where you can do less but everything works fine.

We have fixed setlist in the upcoming release (very soon).

This was discussed elsewhere, right? You mean maximizing the app window? What is your system? So you start VST Live, maximize its window and it hangs? Cannot reproduce that on at least 4 different systems.

Yes exactly, maximising not only the main app window but any other devices window hangs the app. Then trying to quit I get a system beep sound with the pop up window asking if I want to save changes, I hit cancel and then the program works again,

But you said it hangs, how can you quit then?
Also this sounds very much like a hidden message box or similar. Check taskbar to see if there are windows waiting for user action.

Ok to clear it out…i have two separate m1 systems…one of them hangs completely and needs to be force quit. the other just takes about a minute to actually get to full screen from the moment i click it and in the meantime playback resumes but the whole app is unresponsive. This happens with any VST Live window going full screen.

pls restrict to one thread, continue here