Many Random Freezes in Cubase 11

Up to now I have had no problems with Cubase but since Cubase 11 updates I now get random freeze events at any time on my iMac (late 2012) and OSX Catalina 10.15.7.

The machine just locks with beachball in Cubase and it can only be terminated with Force quit.

Does Cubase create any Crash logs if forced quit used and if so where would I find?

Thanks
David

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Thanks for pointers Martin.
It appears no logs are being captured regards the recent random freezes as the only way to exit is force quit. I assume this kills any data the OSX logging would use. So still no clues yet on that.

I did however notice that a number of crashes which were recorded prior to my more recent freeze issue were related to Cubase 11 Video Diascope.

I have recently been experimenting with importing iPhone video files into Cubase. It appears therefore some instability with translation of those files, poss a frame rate issue 60 v 30, which is reported on video export. Id need to examine the input file side from the phone to see what Cubase is reading. My Project default usually set at 30 frame as setting at 60 appears to give problems at import.

Any pointers or ideas appreciated.

Thanks
David

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

The crash is in the InspiredAcoustics InspirataLite plug-in. Please get in contact with the plug-in vendor.

A post was split to a new topic: Steinberg Download Assistant errors

Thanks Martin, have now notified them. They may have a fix.

Cheers
David