Map drum pads to midi channel select

Hello,

I have an Alesis V49 with Elements 9.5 that I want to use for live performances. I want to make the process of changing voicing on the keyboard from one song to the next as easy as possible. I don’t have a huge set of instruments I’m going to use so I would like to re-map the drum pads as midi input channel selectors instead. That way when I am setting up to play song 2 I hit the second pad. Or if I want to change the kbd mapping mid song… You get the idea. I don’t want to have to mess with the app while I’m playing as its risky and awkward.

Anyone know how to do this? I tried going into the Studio Setup and attempted to map it there but I think the device type is wrong since they are a down=on, up=off type of device. I would be open to tying it to a fader maybe or perhaps there’s a way to create a custom “picker” that I could run in the foreground and just tap on the touch screen for the program I want. Ideally they would be decent-sized buttons that I could use.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Help appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

Do I understand you right, you want to “select next track” when pressing pad at your Alesis keyboard?

By default the pads are sending MIDI notes, so you can just assign the command to this MIDI note (On or Off, it doesn’t matter) in the Generic Remote Device.