I have just upgraded from Cubase 6.5 to 8Pro. Over the years I have been trying to find a simple way to create block chords and then map each voice (i.e S,A,T, B) to separate individual instruments.
I tried doing this in Cubase 8 following the process given below:
- Set up a chord track
- Create a chord progression
- Add an instrument track and load an instrument
- Drag the chord track to the instrument track. At this time all the chord voices play from the instrument track.
- Set the track to ‘Single Voice’ and set it to Bass, Tenor, Alto or Soprana as the case may be.
- Repeat for the other voices.
Although this works well, there are a couple of issues:
- There are numerous overlapping notes created on each instrument track. Although it sounds okay, chord movement to the next chord sounds slow and unnatural.
- The keys cannot be transposed to a higher or lower octave.
Is anybody else facing the same problems? Any ideas how to resolve the issue relating to the overlapping notes. I have tried to use the ‘delete overlapping notes (mono)’ but it does’nt entirely delete the overlapping notes.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.