Mapping Page Selection displayed in the toolbar

Are there any plans to have the selected Mapping page option displayed in the project page toolbar?
This would enable the mapping pages to be easily selected without the need to open up the lower zone MIDI Remote window.

For example I have 2 physical buttons mapped to Mapping page Up & Mapping page Down.
By using these buttons I can navigate through my mapped pages, but if there are more than a couple of mapped pages, then it can quickly get confusing as to what mapped pages are selected.
A constant indicator in one of the Project Page Toolbars would eliminate this issue.

Cheers
Z

Hi,

You could print the page name to the hardware display, once you call it. You can also assign dedicated button(s) to call a dedicated page.

Hi Martin, could you please elaborate?
I believe you are describing two different functions, am I correct?
Function 1 is print a page name ( assumably in the API)
Function 2 is to set a button in MIDI Remote to call a specific page
Please correct me if I misunderstood

Cheers

That’s all great if your controller has a display that appropriately can be used for it. Many controllers do not.

1 Like

Hi,

You are right, I’m describing 2 different functions, as you pointed out.

Yes, this is possible via API only.

1 Like

How would I go about this Martin?
Is this code that I could tag into my MIDI Remote code? Using say Visual Studio?

Hi,

In general, first, you have to find out, what kind of message the device needs to receive to print something to the display. Most probably it will be a SysEx message.

Then you do something like this:

function buildSysex(str) {
	// Write your code to build the SysEx Message
}

function sendSysexMessage(str) {
	var sysExMessage = buildSysex(str)

for (var i = 0; i < sysExMessage.length; ++i) {
		midiOutput.sendMidi(context, sysExMessage[i]);
	}
}

myPage1.mOnActivate = function (context) {
	sendSysexMessage('My Page 1')
}

myPage2.mOnActivate = function (context) {
	sendSysexMessage('My Page 2')
}

Thank you Martin. I’ll certainly have a play with that.

Although I still think my original suggestion is better overall for anyone who doesn’t have a controller with a display, or doesn’t have the ability or time to delve into the deep dark recesses of Java Script coding.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi,

I have nothing against your feature-request, in fact I like it. I just tried to offer a solution for now. :wink: