Marker API

Hey PG,

as an Audiobook Company we will be using a AI software which basically compares the recorded Audio to the provided script. The SW will be a real timesaver for us!

They do have an option to export the markers with the errors to pretty many Editing SW/DAWs.
Unfortunately Wavelab is not yet among them. The CEO is very eager to include Wavelab to this list. Therefore he needs access to the API for the markers of Wavelab.

Would you be open to discuss this topic with him?
I would be more than happy to connect you.

Best,
Stanley

Markers inside audio files? WaveLab already supports this of course, in the same way as SoundForge or Audition. Actually, WaveLab supports even more formats.
Nevertheless, I am, of course happy to talk to the CEO you quote.

2 Likes

His name is Adam Fritz from Pozotron.
adam@pozotron.com

I`ll tell him that you are going to contact him.

Thx,
Stanley

1 Like

Communication has been established. Since WaveLab already has an import marker function in the marker tool window (XML file), WaveLab is already equipped and does not need to be updated. Pozotron should start working on it soon, I believe.

Perfect! :purple_heart:

As a reminder, you import an XML marker file inside WaveLab, both for audio files and montages, there:

Hey PG,

yes this works fine. The culprit is that for every file you have to import the marker manually.

is possible to add an ‘automatic marker connect’ for a complete audio folder if the marker are in the same folder?

That would really speed up the workflow.

Thx,
Stanley

1 Like

What could be done, maybe, is to import the markers each time a wave is opened, is a XML file with the same name, is found next to the audio file.

1 Like

That would be perfect. :call_me_hand:
Can this be done in an Interim-Update?

normally I bounce my files out to reaper and bounce back in after when using Pozitron, (and the midi file option is really useful) could be very useful in wavelab

I can’t use the system properly unless I receive a that script is perfect, with perfect ocr which for me is rare, as Positron will flag up the OCR typo errors,

we’ve had good success using Descript and pdf comparing (and sometimes fixing in Descript using overdub, then bouncing back out), will probably move over to RX when that is more efficient
but both Descript & Posotron in their T&S cause us issues with them wanting the user to grant the licences of voices, which we’re not allowed to do on the most part