According to the Cubase Pro 9 manual there should be some key command functionality relating to Markers that I can’t find in the Key Commands section. In my “Markers” section I only have two possibilities, set marker end/start to cursor. [“Insert and name marker”, “Activate next marker track” and “Activate previous marker track” are missing]
Here’s the section in the manual…
Working with Multiple Marker Tracks
You have added at least two marker tracks to the project and named them.
- Select File > Key Commands
- In the Marker category, set up a key command for Insert and name Marker
This command adds a position marker, opens the Markers window and activates the Description column.
- Set up key commands for Activate next Marker Track and Activate previous Marker Track.
- Activate the marker track for the first narrator, and play back the video file.
- At the position where the first dialogue section should be replaced, trigger Insert and name Marker.
The Marker window opens with the Description column is active, so that you can insert a name for the new marker.
6.Enter a name or description for the section, and press Return to confirm.
A new marker is created on the active track in the Project window.
7.Activate the track on which you want to insert the next marker using the Activate next/previous Marker Track
A message informs you that a different marker track is now active.
- Trigger the Insert and name Marker key command at the position where the next dialogue section should be replaced.
Repeat this procedure for all markers that you want to insert.
Please include this obviously intended functionality in the next update.
[mod edit for clarity]