Master channel renamed to Piccolo

Hi!

Dorico somehow manged to rename the master channel, the beep channel and the default FX channel to “Piccolo”:

I’ll happily send the file per email; currently it’s too big, and when applying the “silence” template, all the instrument lanes are deleted, and the remaining lanes get correctly renamed to “DoricoBeep 1”, “Hall” and “Ausgang” (using Dorico in German).

One additional thing: The file was created from a custom template, and all new files created from this template show this strange behaviour.
Can I send you the template somehow? Where would I find them on my Windows PC?

Thanks, Estigy.

You might have run into this in Dorico 4.0 (when renaming an instrument in Setup mode) but it should be squashed in Dorico 4.0.10. Closing and reopning the project should be sufficient to set things right in any case.

Hi, Daniel.

The template was created with 4.0.0, but all the tests I’ve done now for this bug report were done in 4.0.10.

Probably the best thing to do is to start a new project file based on your template, re-apply the right playback template, then save it as a template again, overwriting the previous version.

1 Like

Thanks, Daniel, this did the trick. :slight_smile:

1 Like