Master Page editing questions

I want to create alternate First pages that have a dedication beneath the Project Title for both score and part layouts (are score and part sets exported/imported separately? ) But I don’t want to lose the default Master Pages at the same time.

I tried this on a file before, when I did want to replace the default MP’s for score and parts with First pages that showed the page number (or something like that). I did not change the set name and notice I now have two sets where I have imported my own: Default Full Score and Default Full Score (imported). (I had thought that by giving the sets the same name, one would replace the other; and I also have a separate import for parts.)

I have looked through the User Guide articles on this and will experiment on a non-critical file to see what I can discover.

Lillie, thank you for your help.
EDIT:
I worked through this on a scratch file and think I have it figured out now.
Again, thank you!

Hi Lillie,

Thanks for the response - makes sense. Can I suggest rewording that section, or adding a link, because it seems like, from context, it is an analogous feature to the one for copying frames to/from pages, which it isn’t.

Thanks,
David

David, there is already a link but I have made a note to review the wording of that sentence in particular.

I have tried to follow the link but it unsuccessfull
Earlier, I also had one page editing application , coudn’t remind the name of it, but it was very convenient.