Master tuning

Hi all.

Bratwurst. No, that was 20 years ago in this forum.

Where do I change the tuning in Cubasis 2? I make all my music in another tuning than 440 so where do I change it?

Some regards - Knastratt

Hi Knastratt,

Thanks for your message.

There is no global tuning parameter available in Cubasis.

Audio and MIDI tracks can be transposed via the similar named function, located in the top sub menu bar.
The included Cubasis instruments come with appropriate tuning options.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Lars

Are we talking Cubasis 2 for IOS now? I can’t seem to find it…

Thanks for replying, though. Cheers!

We are talking changing from 440 hz to i.e. old orchestral 409 hz etc. And we are talking in real time so I may play along a 409 hz performance.

Cheers!

Hi Knastratt,

As mentioned above, Cubasis does not feature global tuning changes.

Best wishes,
Lars

I cannot find the instrument tuning either. I can transpose but not tune. Can you tell me where I tune - not transpose, please.

So where are ”The included Cubasis instruments come with appropriate tuning options.”?

In my account they direct me here and here I get no answers.

I thought Steinberg quit the silent treatment but apparently not.

Hi Knastratt,

Cubasis comes with a “Transpose” feature located under Setup/Keys / Pads.
The Micrologue synth included in Cubasis comes with pitch controls in semitones and cents.

As previously mentioned, there is no global master tune available in Cubasis as of yet.

Best,
Lars

So Micrologue is the only instrument that has cents tuning? What happened to ”the included instruments come with appropriate tuning”?

Hi Knastratt,

My previous wording was misleading here.

MicroSonic and the MiniSampler does not come with dedicated tuning controls.
Instead, tracks using one of these instruments can be transposed in semitones/octaves via the global transpose function.

Best,
Lars

So - being promised Cubasis 2 ”is a great companion for your Cubase 10 rig” in the advert is a lie. Seems like 550 SKr was spent for vapoware. Can you understand my frustration? Even a 10 bucks recorder can be tuned.

Hi Knastratt,

Thanks for your message.

I’m sorry to hear that the unavailability of a master tune feature is preventing you from using Cubasis.

To my knowledge, this feature is not common for lots of DAW’s (especially on iOS), but maybe I’m wrong here.
Additionally we’re not promising anything in this direction, so please do not call us liars.

Please note that Apple handles all App Store purchases.
If you’re unsatisfied with the app, please get in touch with Apple and ask them for a refund.

Thanks,
Lars

You twitch like a maggot. I can live without having global tuning. That is NOT the problem. The problem is that of all instruments in Cubasis only Micrologue has tuning. That is like having an orchestra but only allowed to tune one instrument. Do you understand what I am asking/pissed off with? Or do I need to explain it in another way?

Nevermind. Is there going to be tuning of the other instruments in Cubasis in the near future or should I investigare other solutuions?

Hi Knastratt,

Thank you for your message.

There are no plans to introduce further tunings to the existing Cubasis instruments as of yet.
Could it be of any help for you, to use 3rd party instruments in this case, to be connected via Audio Unit?

Best wishes,
Lars

Yeah, that could be a solution. Inelegant, but working.

Thanks!

Hi Knastratt,

Thanks for your feedback.
Glad to hear, this might be a feasible solution for you!

Best,
Lars