Mbox 3 timing issues

Hello,
Is anyone seeing MIDI timing issues with the Mbox 3? I am running Cubase 6.0.2 on a Dell PC with Windows 7. It appears to be intermittent. It’ similar to audio latency… I play a note on the m-audio keystation controller and a few seconds later it sounds. Am I missing a setting?. I just got the Mbox and installed the drivers from the CD that came with the Mbox…
Thanks,
dmichael

Why don’t you look if there are newer drivers?

The first versions of drivers (mostly supplies with the hardware on cd) are probably not the best ones.

And then when having the latest drivers installed, go to the options in cubase and select the appropiate ASIO-driver for the mbox3, you then can click on control panel to set the buffer size so you can control how much or less latency you want.

For playing VSTI’s live you need a very low latency, but when mixing or tracking with a large mixer high latency (improves overall performance of your daw)

Hello,
I’ve installed the latest drivers and properly setup the asio driver… the weird thing is this occurs when I am using a hardware synth. When using the soft synths all works fine - no timing errors. It’s just when using hardware. It’s crazy… I can record the first track no problem… when I get to the second track the timing problems start. It will delay sounding the notes… but on playback the notes playback as recorded in… any ideas? This is a strange one.
Thanks,
dmichael

Hi, have you replaced the cables? Or is there some midi utility active like a midi-filter or router.

Also take a look at midi insert plugins (in C6), other then this I cannot think of what else could cuase the trouble.