MC Control/Eucon Settings overwritten?

Hi Guys,

I’m a Nuendo user (also Cubase owner) who’s just testing out C7 while I wait for N6 to arrive.
Impressions so far are pretty favourable, but I did notice one disturbing thing which I hope can be resolved.
As it stands, I’m unsure whether this is a Eucon problem or a C7 problem.

Normally, when I’ve upgraded versions in the past (from Nuendo 3 to 4 to 5, etc,) and even switching between Cubase and Nuendo, I’ve always been able to copy the XML’s that define the MC touchscreen and button controls between Cubase and Nuendo.
Since then, I’ve spend days if not weeks getting a good template on the MC which really speeds up my workflow.

C7 is the first version where I can’t seemingly copy and rename my xml to use it. With C6, I simply copied my Nuendo 5 xml and renamed it to Cubase 6, which it excepted, and I only had to reprogram a few functions.

When C7 starts, the xml seemingly just gets overwritten and I have to start all over again; the default template doesn’t work for me at all.

I’m assuming this is because of the Eucon adaptor that has been updated to support the new mixer…however, the template being overwritten seems a bit harsh, doesn’t it?

Best,

Joe

I’ve never migrated from one version to another using the MC Control. I recently purchased the MC Control and use it with Cubase 7. I noticed that after programming the touchscreen, using custom names, that occasionally those names would be overwritten by the default key command name. When this would occur, I’d go back and rename the button only to have it default back after reboot.
I then started Eucontrol as administrator (as opposed to just letting it fire up when I’d start the DAW). Now ALL the programming I’ve done stays put.
I’m not sure if this will help you or not, but since it’s an easy thing to try, I’d thought I’d suggest it.

Hope this helps,

-Rich