Measure repeats don't show in cues...page formatting

Hello. I’m a new user and I’m doing well I think but unfortunately I’m working on new project and Dorico is slowing me down right now as I’m trying to learn new things.

I have a bass part in the intro with the first measure repeating four times (added three measure repeat signs). I’m showing that cue in a few other parts but the measure repeats aren’t showing up in the cues. Any help?

Also, I didn’t like how in the Engrave section that my trumpet part was spread into two pages. I decreased the space between the staves but the one stave that is one the second page isn’t moving to the first page. Yikes. These are the things that’s frustrating–something easy I’m sure to fix but I’m watching tutorials and reading manual and not getting solution.

Thank you for any help.
Rick

I have a bass part in the intro with the first measure repeating four times (added three measure repeat signs). I’m showing that cue in a few other parts but the bass measure repeats aren’t showing up in the cues. Any help to show that bass is repeating that measure four times in the cue?

Thank you for any help.
Rick

Hi Rick!
What Dorico flavour are you using? Dorico pro, I guess, since you talk about engrave mode. In the trumpet part, select the first musical item in Engrave mode and press shift-F. This should put a frame break at the start of your score. Select it, open the properties panel and tick “wait for next frame break”. Since there’s no other frame break, everything will be put in the first page :wink:
Adjust the “space” value in layout options>page setup so that it looks nice and you’re done.

And for your first problem : Bar repeats and cues - Dorico - Steinberg Forums
Not solved yet.

For your page formatting question - if you were moving staves on the first page using the staff spacing tool in Engrave mode (where you get square handles for each system and can drag them around, and once they’ve been moved the handles appear red), then that doesn’t affect Dorico’s casting off - that tool is primarily intended for tweaks once you’ve got pages laid out. You can use frame breaks (making a selection into a frame, i.e. fixing selected material into a page), as Marc said, or look at the spacing options for the layout - adjusting these defaults does prompt Dorico to readjust the automatic casting off.

You could also look at setting a fixed casting off setting.

Hi, I am using Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045 (July 2020).
I have a trumpet part which has a bar / measure which occurs 4 times in succession, so I input once and use repeat bars (Shift R %) to show one written bar and 3 repeat bar signs. Then there are 4 more bars. I wanted to put the 8 bar phrase as cues into the alto sax part. When I use the cues dialogue, I get the first measure of the 8 then three blank bars and then the last 4 bars. The repeat bars does not appear to pass through into the cues. Is this my lack of skill or is this a known issue? Is there a way to achieve what I am wishing to do?
Thanks
Stephen

Known “issue.”
You will also find that if you use the Scissors Tool (U) to cut a repeat section in 2, the second part will not play because it determines it is repeating an empty measure (where as splitting a slash area does not entail such careful scrutiny (since the slashes do not have any specific playback function to begin with).