Media Bay Eats Presets

Hello Steinberg,

I’ve been having a major issue with Media Bay on Cubase LE4 for a few years now, and I’ve decided I’m going to try again to get help fixing it. Please ignore my Cubase 6.5 signature as this problem refers to another computer, which is running 32-bit Vista.

Just to be simple, let’s say I want to save a preset on one of the little Native Plugins like Cubase Chorus. I click the little Cube next to the black bar, then “Save Preset” from the drop-down menu.

Then Media Bay appears.

There are only 3 things you can do here.

1. Open the Tag Editor.
  2. Create New Folder.
  3. Enter a File Name.

The only intuitive thing to do here is enter a file name for my preset and click OK. So, I do that. Now, let’s say I load the same chorus plugin onto another track and I want to load the same preset I just saved. Again, I click the Cube, then “Load Preset” from the drop down menu.

Media Bay appears again.

There are only 4 things you can do here.

1. Click “Categories”, which opens up the Browser & Filter.
  2. Click “Reset” which appears to do nothing.
  3. Do a search where is read “ab Text Search”, which also does nothing.
  4. Click “Show Location”.

The only choice that does anything is clicking “Show Location”. There is a folder named “Chorus”. It has a check mark next to it, but I cannot get inside it. Right click, left click, clickity click… nothing. If I uncheck the folder, I get a message asking me if I want to remove it from the database, with 2 folders listed. Here they are:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE4\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Chorus

When I find the above folder and open it, I find all the factory presets.

C:\Users\Derek\AppData\Roaming\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Chorus

When I find the above folder and open it, there it is…my preset is in there.

Why can’t I load my presets when they are in fact being saved to what appears to be the correct folder?

Colossal thanks, Steinberg Overlords-

D-Rock