Media Bay Preview Not Playing Audio

I have been running Cubase Pro 10.5.12. In the Media Bay, when I select Loops and Samples, then select an item such as GA SE Library, when I click on a sample, nothing plays. I have autoplay on, but also do not get sound when I use the Play button. I see the cursor moving across the waveform but no sound. The Preview Fader is set to MAX. This had been working fine!! Is there someway I could have selected something to mute this feature?

Dragging the samples into the project play just fine. Also works to create a sample track. I have tried this with different projects and all have the same issue. Have tried creating an empty project and have the same problem.

I tried renaming the Preferences Folder and this resolved the problem. Is there a way to find out what feature of my Preferences might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi,

There are two ways to solve this.

1. Disable Control Room from the Studio > Audio Devices. Then make sure the Main Out is set to your Audio Connections > Outputs. Just right-click to the bus and enable Main Out.

2. Enable Control Room (what I would recommend to do). Add Monitor 1 Bus and route it to your output. In the Audio Connections > Outputs, set the Stereo Out to Not Connected.

Easier: Go to Studio>Audio Connection>Control Room tab. Make sure the Audio Device is set to your audio interface or wherever you send the signal to get it to your speakers.

When I had this exact problem, it was Audio Device set to Not Connected that needed to be fixed.

1 Like

Hi,

There are two options in Cubase Pro.

1. The proper one: Enable Control Room, add Monitor 1 bus and route it to your Audio Device. I would recommend this way, because it gives you more options with the Control Room.

2. The easy one, and the same, as it is in other but Cubase Pro editions: Disable Control Room (which is part of Cubase Pro only) and in the Audio Connections > Outputs, make sure the Stereo Out is routed to your Audio Device. Right-click to the Stereo Out bus there and enable “Set Stereo Out as Main Mix”.

I also had this problem, until I took the advice of ThePold (above). Now it works just fine.
Thankyou ThePold

Yeah, by far the easiest. Everything else was like trying to read Chinese.

Thank you ThePold.